Today's Japanese Word of the Day:
ポッキー
Pokkii
(Noun: Pocky)
Hey guys. I am coming home on Friday. We just had the farewell party, and I have pictures of it, but I'm going to hold off on posting them until the official "this thing is over" post.
I wanted to make everyone aware that I have bought Japanese snacks to share with everyone once I get home. Aunt Kathy, this includes the cheesecake pocky you requested. I got two boxes just to make sure everyone gets some! Dad, I don't know if I can get away with the cream-filled bread you requested--would the cream spoil in the heat on the way back? If you let me know if you think it would or not in the next twenty-four hours or so, and I should be able to make an executive decision on whether or not to buy it.
I am also bringing a couple of other exotic pocky flavors, melon bread, and a limited selection of Japanese candy. I've discovered that Japanese candy is very similar to American candy--it just has less chocolate--so I don't feel the need to really stock up on that. But the main point of this post is, please leave comments and let me know what you want to try, so I can make sure everyone gets something of what they want!
Also, if you have any other requests for foods that you want to try, let me know ASAP! The main restrictions are that I can't take anything through customs that looks like drugs (such as flour), no meat, no fruit or vegetables, and nothing that would spoil quickly in the heat. That means no sushi--sorry, Dad.
Let me know!
~Amanda
Devaney wants sticky rice so we can make rice balls and cheesecake pokkii and some of everything else.
ReplyDeleteI want to try the melon bread for sure. I think anything unusual to the US that you like and would survive the trip would be fun to try. Don't go crazy though. You might want to pick up curry powder for yourself to cook with at school this year or any other seasonings you fell in love with. If they are sealed in original containers you might get away with it through customs. You could ask one of the program heads if you could get away with that.
...you know, I'm not sure where to get sticky rice. ^^;
DeleteWhat!!!!
DeleteSorry, Devaney. ^^;
DeleteGrumble, grumble...
DeleteYes, yes, I WOULD like you to bring something home. It's a young woman, enviously tall, who loves to write witty stories. I'm afraid she's been taken abroad for (pssh) "study abroad." If you could return her at your earliest convenience (preferably with her next written letter), I would be most grateful.
ReplyDelete--M
We'll see. It might be difficult to find her. She seems to have gone into hiding upon realizing her return flight was today.
Delete