Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Super Potato

Today's Japanese Word of the Day:
テレビゲーム
Terebi geemu
(Noun: Video Game)

SUPER POTATO!

Japan has the greatest store names on the face of the planet. The Noble Chicken... Super Potato. And by the way, this store completely lived up to the expectations from its name.

No, it's not a restaurant. It is a video game store.


You know that a store is going to be awesome when...


This is the logo, which can be seen not only here on the floor, but on the sign above the door and on the billboard above the building. It might be one of the most awesome logos I've ever seen. I mean, you can't get much more epic than a super potato.

And I don't mean that sarcastically.

The bottom floor had a whole line of Playstation 2 games, which made me rather excited because there were a whole lot of games I would love to play. Unfortunately, you can't play a Japanese game on an American system, so I walked out of here without having spent anything. Also on the bottom floor were games for a bunch of other, newer systems. It was the upstairs that I have pictures of. I LOVED the upstairs.

 

Behold the shelf of Famicom (NES--not Super Nintendo, but the one before) cartridges.


Behold the shelf of N64 cartridges.


For those of you who can't read Japanese, beneath the familiar Zelda logo is the rest of the title: Ocarina of Time.

Still being sold at the Super Potato.


Bomberman, also for the N64.

I just about died looking at this stuff. You simply cannot get this stuff in the US.

I love Japan.

~Amanda

8 comments:

  1. THIS PLACE IS AMAZING, ITS LIKE A PALACE FOR GAMES!!!! I WISH SOOOO MUCH THAT WE COULD PLAY THEM ON ENGLISH MACHINES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW RIGHT!!!??? That place was so cool! :3

      Delete
  2. I am so loving your blog! You're an amazing tour guide! Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it that makes is so that you can't play japanese games on american machines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're "region locked," or something like that. Programmed to not be able to play games from other countries, or at least Japan. It's pretty lame.

      Delete
  4. I gotta say this is the best tour eva!(umm the only tour) but hey....keep up the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete